By Lynn L. Bergeson and Emily A. Scherer
As reported in our June 28, 2019, memorandum, on June 24, 2019, Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.(B&C®), the Environmental Law Institute (ELI), and the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health (GWU) presented “TSCA: Three Years Later,” a day-long conference with leading experts exploring the current impacts of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) on science policies, challenges faced by industry, and the impacts of TSCA on regulatory policies, especially those concerning ensuring compliance and enforcement. A recording of the full conference is available online. Our memorandum provides details regarding the session topics and presenters, including copies of the presentation where available.
By Lynn L. Bergeson
On June 11-13, 2019, the American Chemical Society (ACS) Green Chemistry Institute® will host the 23rd Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference and the 9th International Conference on Green and Sustainable Chemistry. The Conference will be held right outside of Washington D.C. in Reston, Virginia, and will focus on the theme of “Closing the Loop” in the chemical life cycle. With over three days of programming, the Conference offers more than 40 technical sessions in seven concurrent tracks and multiple opportunities to network with hundreds of attendees from around the world. This year’s featured keynote speakers are:
- Udit Batra, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, MilliporeSigma;
- Lee Cronin, Ph.D., Regis Professor of Chemistry, University of Glasgow; and
- Dana Kralisch, Ph.D., Professor of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, and Chief Technical Officer, JeNACell GmbH.
Richard E. Engler, Ph.D., Director of Chemistry for Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) and The Acta Group (Acta®), will be presenting Regulatory Barriers to a Circular Economy on June 13, 2019, and Ligia Duarte Botelho, M.A., a Regulatory Associate with B&C and Acta and Manager with B&C® Consortia Management, L.L.C. (BCCM), will be presenting Role of Regulations in Circular Economy: Challenge of New Chemical Bias on June 13, 2019.
Reduced rates for advanced registration are available until May 31, 2019. Registration is available online.
ChemCon The Americas is a global chemical control conference offering authoritative speakers, in-depth sessions, and a global perspective on existing and emerging chemical regulatory schemes. ChemCon The Americas 2016 will be held October 17 - 21, 2016, in Toronto, Canada.
Highlights from the diverse and substantive program planned for Toronto include:
- Workshop on the modernized Toxic Substances Control Act, with speakers including Jeff Morris, Deputy Director, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), and Lynn L. Bergeson, Managing Partner, B&C®, and President, Acta®, Monday, October 17, 2016
- Chemical control legislation in Middle and South America, with speakers including Alberto da Rocha Neto, Ministry of Environment of Brazil, and Michael S. Wenk, M.S., Senior Regulatory Consultant, B&C and Acta, Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Update on regulatory issues in Asia with speakers including J. Brian Xu, M.D., Ph.D., DABT®, Toxicologist, B&C and Acta, Friday, October 21, 2016
The full ChemCon agenda is available online. A video overview of the ChemCon experience -- the sessions, exhibition, and networking and socializing opportunities -- is available on ChemCon’s YouTube channel. For more information and to register, visit the ChemCon The Americas 2016 website.