Monday, September 12, 2016
8:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time/16:00 British Summer Time
With passage by unanimous consent voice vote of the U.S. Senate of the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act on June 7, 2016, this bill, that profoundly alters the regulation of industrial chemicals in the U.S. under TSCA, has cleared all hurdles and was signed into law by President Obama on June 22, 2016.
All chemical stakeholders doing business in the U.S., as well as foreign entities with business interests in the U.S., will need to understand the fundamental shifts in requirements, and the new concepts and approaches that are introduced by the law.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. has collaborated with Chemical Watch in assembling an impressive faculty of TSCA experts representing the perspectives of industry, environmental organizations, and U.S. federal and state regulatory authorities to present a series of complimentary webinars titled "'The New TSCA' -- What You Need to Know."
Webinar 3: Inventory, CDR, and CBI (Sections 8 & 14)
- Charles M. Auer, Charles Auer & Associates, LLC, former Director of the Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Lynn L. Bergeson, Managing Partner, Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.
- Richard E. Engler, Ph.D., Senior Chemist, Bergeson & Campbell, P.C., former senior staff scientist in OPPT and leader of EPA's Green Chemistry Program
- Kelly Franklin, Chemical Watch
- Kathleen M. Roberts, Vice President, B&C® Consortia Management, L.L.C.
- Section 8 Reporting and Retention of Information
- Small Manufacturer Definition
- Reporting by Processors
- Byproduct Rulemaking and Reporting
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Inventory
- Section 14 Confidential Business Information (CBI)
- Information Not Protected
- Asserting CBI
- Presumptive CBI
- Requirements for CBI Claims
- Exemptions to Protection from Disclosure
- Review and Resubstantiation
- Duties of Administrator
- Criminal Penalties
Additional Webinars in "The New TSCA" Series:
||Webinar 1: Overview and Summary of Major Changes: What to Expect and When to Expect It, presented June 13, 2016.
||Webinar 2: Impacts on New Chemical Programs, presented July 14, 2016.
||Webinar 4: Other Provisions -- PBTs, Preemption, Green/Sustainable Chemistry -- will be presented on September 26, 2016.